Millennium Series Motion Controllers with Phase Commutation for Brushless Servomotors for ISA-bus
The Millennium brushless type multi-axis motion controllers model 3m-0x-BL implement the Navigator MC23xx series chipsets - dedicated motion processors from PMD. These controllers harness the power of the Navigator high-speed DSP chip and incorporate ASIC and surface mount technologies. They can install directly into a PC AT slot (ISA bus compatible) or can work standalone communicating via a serial link. The Millennium controllers are available in configurations of 1, 2 or 4 axes.
The DSP unit provides S-curve, trapezoidal, velocity contouring and electronic gearing profiling modes for Analog or PWM signal output. Onboard memory allows designers to capture on-the-fly motion data for analyzing system performance, tuning servo filters and diagnostic purposes. Motion trajectory segments can be blended into continuous motion path in the velocity mode.
The boards interface to external components via a 100 pin high density connector providing motor outputs and reading pulsed encoder (incremental or absolute), limit switches and home indicator input signals. They are capable of handling eight analog inputs and eight user-defined discrete I/Os.
The cards are supported by C-MotionPlus™ and CyberMotion™ - extensive C-language software libraries and Windows drivers, which allow development of any motion'control application. EasyMotion™, a GUI application package with the industry's first ever MotionWizard, assists in a quick and easy way to set up and tune even complex electro-mechanical systems.
The boards can be used in a variety of industries, such as robotic, machine tool, semiconductor, medical, food processing, textile and many others.
- Uses DSP and ASIC high speed dedicated motion processors in 1, 2 or 4 axes configuration
- Supports 2 or 3-phase brushless motors
- 6-step (Hall based) or sinusoidal commutation of brushless motors only
- Independent or synchronous axes programming
- Open or closed servo loop operating modes
- Advanced PID filter with velocity and acceleration feedforward, bias offset and 32-bit position error
- Axis settled indicator and tracking window in addition to automatic motion error detection
- Choice of S-curve, trapezoidal, velocity contouring or electronic gearing motion profiles
- Asymmetric acceleration and deceleration to custom program a trapezoidal motion profile
- Velocity and acceleration changes on-the-fly for trapezoidal and velocity contouring profiles
- Position range from -2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647 counts
- Velocity range from -32,768 to +32,767 counts/sample with a resolution of 1/65,536 counts/sample
- Acceleration and deceleration range from -32,768 to 32,767 counts/sample^2 with a resolution of 1/65,536 counts/sample^2
- Jerk range from 0 to 1/2 counts/sample^3 with a resolution of 1/4,294,967,296 counts/sample^3
- Electronic gear ratio range from -32,768 to 32,767 (negative and positive direction)
- Programmable sample rate from 150 µsec to 3355 msec per axis
- Single-ended or differential incremental encoder maximum rate up to 5.0 Mcounts/sec
- Maximum parallel feedback device rate up to 160.0 Mcounts/sec
- Parallel feedback device word size: 16 bits
- 3 Hall effect input signals per axis (TTL level)
- Commutation rate 10 kHz for 4 axes or 20 kHz for 1 and 2 axes
+/-10V 16-bit DAC output signal
- PWM motor output signal of 10-bit resolution at 20 kHz (1 or 2 axes) or 10-bit resolution at 10 kHz (4 axes) - 50/50 PWM mode supports 2 or 3 phase motors, Sign/Magnitude PWM mode supports 2 phase motors only
- On-board 256 kByte memory buffer for data and parameters storage
- Parallel or serial communication interface
- Two-directional travel limit switches, home indicator and fault input per axis
- Automatic motor shutdown on motor stall detection
- 8 general purpose 10-bit analog inputs in range of 0 to 5.0 V DC
- 8 general purpose discrete TTL level input lines expandable to 256 inputs
- 8 general purpose discrete TTL level output lines expandable 128 outputs
- Programmable host interrupts
- Trace capabilities for system performance testing, servo-filter tuning and diagnostic purposes
- CyberMotion library functions support coordinated linear and circular interpolation, point-to-point positioning and contouring, backlash compensation, jogging, homing, etc.
- Status reporting for position, speed and errors
- Infinite number of linear and arc segments for smooth motion
- Programmable event triggers for monitoring elapsed time, motion complete, position, motion error, limit switches and position wrap-around
- 0° to +70°C
- 4.8" wide x 10.0" long (122mm x 254mm)
Maximum power requirements
- +5V @ 500mA
- -12V @ 40mA
- +12V @ 40mA
Systems, Inc.© 2007. All rights reserved.